free site statistics RoSes: THE first 21st birthday party of the year:12 Jan 2005 Gracie

RoSes

a place where i find a form of solace n tranquility hahaha i m just full of crap so crappy pple join the club

Saturday, January 08, 2005

THE first 21st birthday party of the year:12 Jan 2005 Gracie

It was a really unexpected birthday party.. firstly, i got the venue wrongI thot it was a house party, hence my preparation for the type of party is already all wrong.. haaha but it was really quite a pleasant surprise. I guess this teaches me to read my mail next time. The party was at Le Pampas at club st 32.. Very very nice place.. it had a mediterrenean feel to it. The theme of the party was spring so everyone was supp to dress up accordingly. Lucky for me i came in my
"leafy" top and flower embroidered slippers I bought in Vietnam! Unwittlinly, I actaully dressed to fit the party.. Furball wore a skirt too! She chose the skirt cos she could not find her jeans .. apparently it had mysteriously disappeared b4 the party. How fortunate..
I reached the place at 640pm and I took a cab down from Clementi ..oh noo it was another day whereby the situation is such tt my poor planning skills are accentuated. How sad. I think I ve really reaallly learnt frm this incident! this kind of thing would never happen again! I realised that poor planning could result in dire consequences.
Firstly, I would haf to compromise on my limited monetary resources to get a cab in order not to be late.
Secondly, I end up confusing pple and unknowingly break promises...
Thirdly, due to my confused state of mind.. the pple ard me would be adversly affected. All these unfavourable events make me determined to make better decisions next time. ..
This is what happened, I promised Furball tt I will meet her at Bishan MRT station to go to Grace s house together at 6pm. Ok apparently both of us did not read the mail the party is at Le Pampas not her house! Then, I sort of promise Mervyn tt I will lend him my laptop over msn. He was conversing with Freddy as I was busy finding space to put my 3 bags in his hall.Well, Fred told me Merv said tt he will be picking Fangxi up at 6 in sch so he ll pick us up then. Well, as usual I did not foresee tt I ll be abandoning Fur so I agreed!! Ahh!! Now in retrospect the situation I got myself caught in is so ridiculas I promised to meet 2 pple at 6!! How stupid can one get ah! Next time, I willl prioritise1 As Freddy said, you cant help the whole world! You will end up harming pple instead.

Anyway, when I reached I was pleasantly surprised to see all my JC classmates gathering at a table and helping Gracie with the deco which consisted of tying balloons to a golden string..so nice.. the setting was beautiful and everyone was all dressed up. Grace was wearing this nice flowy flowery dress and her hair was tied up in some sort of french braid adorned with glittery hairpins .. and some part of her braid was coloured.. very cute like a spring flower fairy so nice!! oh ya and her shoes were this pair of glittery heels she lookoed every bit like the bdae gal!! Joy and Luyi both wore a sleeveless top with a nice knee length skirt and Luyi's hair was done up in a flowery bun. Very nice and complementary to Gracie's outfit..

The preparation period was spent getting things done and and taking photos.. I wanted to bring my analogue camera but I figured it was too much of a hassle and I could not find a film shop.. Phototaking is really very symbolic of my JC friends. During any outings anywhere at any place we enjoy taking cute photos it s like part and parcel of our way of life.. My uni frends are not so into phototaking.. But Angela, shuhui n Sher are also into it .. how interesting.

After everyone settled down , we started to write in Gracie's guest book so fun like an impromtu autograph. I wanted to write her a spring theme entry . .. After all that hustle and bustle we got blessed by Gracies two other fairies with glittery powder when we entered Grace land hehe
The meal started when Jane arrived its been a long time since we saw her she went to Phuket for diving. so scary so lucky she was not caught in the tidal wave disaster... Feel lucky for her..
Anyway the meal was really enjoyable catching up with old times n toking cock but its not the lame kind of cock somehow I think I m quite a serious person so is furfur and the rest of my Jc classmates we dun really derive entertainment in lame jokes. Maybe once in the while its still funny but not too often it gets pretty lame n stupid. I guess tt s what makes us click so well as a class.. Luyi was telling us bout her food science so interesting... n after playing some games which included the hilarious dressing mingde up as a drag king haah and leaving him in the cold to fend for himself aft the competition, me, Jane and Luyi headed outside to warm ourshelves we talked about growing up and coming of age . Suddenly in the midst of our conversation, I flashed back... Luyi was herself 3-4 yrs back n Jane too when I met them in their sec sch uniforms so different.. they were without makeup n their hair straight n black n tied up.. we were swinging on the monkey bars of TJC n sitting beside each other in tutorials ..
I missed Sheryl loads too even though we seldom meet nowadays when I was talking to her I can still feel the closeness and feel comfy wif her. Too bad she had to leave after Gracie had her opening pressie ceremony.. Yesterday in the midst of the party I felt closeness but then again I felt a tinge of sadness and regret. I felt that I had not put in effort to stay in contact or be a better friend to the rest of my classmates.. But alas one person has only so much time...anyway, now i just think that I should show more appreciation for my friends by putting in more effort in friendships...

After the party ended at 12 plus we trailed a cab and headed to Mohammad sultan.. We wanted to go double o but me n Fur had no money.. Actaully I had $2 I thot I could borrow frm her. Apparently she was flat broke she had $0 and thot could borrow from me!! Goodness two broke pple wif limited monetary resources relying on each other for cash! We decided to walk towrds Tamp and find an atm along the way so tt our cab fre wont be so ex. Luyi was incredulous when she heard of our plan hahaah apparently she was unconvinced of our ability to take care of ourshelves!! so cute her frustrated look !

Anyway me and furry felt so free walking down the streets atnight laughing.. chatting in spirited voices sth we had not ht eluxury of enjoying in a long long time



2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mervyn said...

wow in retrospect u finally realised how ur blurness caused so much confusion.. still dare to gimme constipated face .. must be more AWARE!! n ur post is so unique.. describe wat everyone WEAR... morepver.. u listed some salient points tat u shd pick up.. hopefully u preactise wat u preach..

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger SuNsHiNe said...

lol caroL!~ u & ur obsession wif the magical number!~ haha i wana see leafy top!~ =p btw i asked abt the dance blast thingie oreadie~ msg mi on msn!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home