free site statistics RoSes: thots of a stressed up person

RoSes

a place where i find a form of solace n tranquility hahaha i m just full of crap so crappy pple join the club

Thursday, March 24, 2005

thots of a stressed up person

Been feeling a little disoriented lately this may partially be due to stress of coming exams.. cheerleading... some thoughts I had gathered along the way.. ok i guess if i wan to make this blog a meaningful one i should type out my thoughts in a systematic order..

Firstly, on Monday as I was sitting on the bench minding my own business, i overheard a conversation between this prof and an Asean scholar apparently, she was from Vietnam. and she was taking her masters n seeking help froom the prof on her career as a teacher. It was the tone of her voice and the way she spoke tt struck me.. Her voice was firm but gentle and it was very humble the way she addressed the prof was so respectful she went like "yes sir" ..."yess sir" all the way and she really took in everything he said. She addressed the prof in a manner which is very diff frm the way the locals. In comparison we re brash.The way we view the profs are like ok we pay them the fees they better do sth for us and it is and they re obliged to help us. It is so unlike this meek n gentle student.. wow how rrefreshing.. I wonder is this their culture or is there really sth wrong with us. ..I guess Singaporeans are a more pragmatic bunch i mean true we paid the freaking sch fees so we expect to get our moneys worth of education and if the lecturer cant help us well tt wld often be viewed as a waste of time n money. I mean its true in a way but i guess maybe we could focus more on the part whereby we just respect them as our elders n educatiors pple who haf undertaken the uphill task of imparting knowledge onto us instead of machines who are supp to perform their task which is teaching. Well I guess tt is rather idealistic but well without ideals the world would seem ike a rather dreary place dun u think..

Anyway this made me think of the maths lecturer the infamous chu Delin. Boy, sometimes I really do feel sorry for the poor dude. I really think Singaporeans are not exactly a sympathetic bunch esp when it is so competitive. Eeryone aims to score and then wham! u get thiis lecturer whose voice isnt exactly music to the ears, on top of tt keeps on deriving the whole notes full of equations and keeps on repeating himself like a broken down recorder so u get the picture. His lessons arent inviting to tsay the least but at least he trys really hard .. I really really feel sorry for him ... maybe someday i ll just tell him how i feel. hope his next batch of students wont be as harsh.

From this i really think tt it is really impt to get a grasp of the language b4 u even try to teach i it. NUS engin has so many lecturers from india, China mostly these two countries doing research in NUS and oh ya the famous fluids lecturer some guy who looks like santa clause who spent x mas stuying water droplets oh my god he really doesn t haf a life. anyway, his life is studying fluids and i really think his life pretty much revolves ard it. Even watching some match or fashion show his eyes and mind is focused on the fliuds coming from the small jets n not the show itself..
sometimes I really wonder what its like top be so damn freaking smart, I mean sometimes i really wish theres this smart potion for me to take n poof!! i ll be on the correct dean's list next semester ahahah. I feel like i need to work damn hard in order not to excel but just to keep my head above water. This feeling really sucks man I ve never worked so hard in my life b4 n i m actually feeling wats its liek to crack my head over some equation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home