free site statistics RoSes: confessions of a non "independent woman"

RoSes

a place where i find a form of solace n tranquility hahaha i m just full of crap so crappy pple join the club

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

confessions of a non "independent woman"

Exams coming soon n prof cathnerine tay of law fac is not making it any easier.... Decided to blog a while after my fluids test. The woman is crazy on top of my engine modules i ve so many essays to finish ...on top of tt shes really naggy but I ve got to hand it to her she often toes the fine line betw reason n paranoial(wrong spelling but wat the heck) and manages to get away with it.. god! i m really careful around her n try to stay within 5m radius . Her mannerisms made the engine guys taking the mod swear off dating gals from law fac.

ok enough said about the interestingly naggy prof.Ok i admit i left some of my share of work to fred to complete for me n tt has been bugging me a lot. It made me realise wat a denpendent person i am. I cant really think of a period during which i can proudly say tt i ve been independent n can stand on my own 2 feet. During Jc my ex n furball has always been helping me with work.. my foundation was pretty weak getting into one of the top 5 jc was exciting but my academic confidence had hit an all time low. I remembered a painful period where i was supp to complete tut 0 of maths oh boy i knew almost nothing n can solve none I remembered seeking desperate help from this china dude called jianbo wondering how is he getting on now..

My chinese was also horrible to the core. I remebered my lst tutorial very vividly this chinese high guy called yuhong went thru every single question with me goodness he was like the walking talking dictionary and it took me from 4pm till 8 pm at night by tt time the gates were closed n we had to climb out. Nights and days were spent in furball s study room i was constantly seeking help from her n Rude her bf-to-be. Both of them esp rude were really smart rude has a photographic memory n decent reasoning skills to boot this guy can practically do the whole ten yr series of maths without thinking in like less than a wk. oh i think he did just tt. I never knew such pple existed! In engine now i guess i m sorta immune to it. Though i guess Amy's academic achievements really knocked the wind out of me. Anyway, immersed in all this acedemic smartness, I guess they can be really good workers n professionals but
my friend mentioned tt whether they haf the ability to be great bosses n carve a niche tt remains to be seen..

Anyway, besides friends in JC my tutors have also contributed a huge part to me getting to where i am today.. they had special remedials for me n advised me on time management ..telling me to quit my ccas ...
these pple may not have remmebered wat they did but i will never forget their help.. i guess i am eternally grateful to them.

During year one of uni i had this nagging feeling tt i ll not be able to survive the system well at first i reallyn nearly drowned in it no more special attention by tutors.. everything is done on ur own.. So not used to it Fred has done a lot to help me thru my lst yr also printed notes get text books... edmund helped me in programming ahh basically almost everything helping me cross check my maths calculations cos its always the wrong ans.. huishan helping me with tutorials ... second yr lst sem there was an improvement but not much cos during the design n modeling class jimmy helped me complete one lab, the next one was contributed by zul the last one i think fur ball helped me n weixian practically did the whole thing for me ....during lab sessions mr chia shanming was my saviour n i remebered calling him up at wierd hours to help me with my report.. he was so patient tt made me more guilty.. all these confessions is making me miserable .. I m guilty as charged My offense: being a dependent person. This sem i guess i ve improved a bit but i still depend a lot on my friends n fred to print stuff for me...

I confided in jimmy on how reliant i am on others esp fred. He told me he also did a lot of stuff for his gf such tt she felt tt she cant survive on her own when he went overseas. Jj said tt he is also begining to spoil xling by doing stuff for her. the situation is like u dun really haf to worry about being responsible for urself when u haf someone looking after n looking out for u. Its like if u forget to bring cash or enough cash for tt matter u know the guy will almost always haf enough money on him next, if u haf lessons back to back n no time for lunch at the crowded canteen ur bf might be able to get u sth u like .. i mean fine i admit i enjoy being spoilt but at the same time i know its not gd for me.. i guess most of guys i know in uni who are in engine really do a lot for their gfs some even to the extent of missing tutorials just to run errands in order to appease the gal i guess engineers do make gd boyfriends reliable n stable hahaha '( information only based on personal experience sample space may not be large enough to come to conslusive results)

anyway so the question is :
is it gd to spoil ur gf?? is there really such a thing as gender equality??

haha this sounds like a gp essay question i guess it was always nice to be treated especially nice but one must be discerning n not let urself be spoilt.
i guess there should be equal opportunities and respect for both genders, if there isnt then people shld work towards a society which offers tt but there can never be gender equality in a sense.
this dialogue by the female lead and her granddaughter in a bollywood movie really struck me
: " who is tt boy n why are u out with him at this wierd hour?"

:"stop interferring in my personal life. times have changed grandmama women are equal as men"

:" times haf never changed for a woman"

hmm i guess i dun totally agree with tt sweeping statement but i guess in certain ways tt is true..

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mervyn said...

Finally carol chin has admitted her OVERdependence.. told u hw many times b4 liao.. u cannot survive on ur ownz right..i bet juz nw u got F to print ur lab report.. haha ok i do admit to spoiling sj too but i think generally its always guys who hafta been gentlemen n pander to whim n fancy of the gals. but as sj tells me, got pple to kao4 or dpd then dpd lor..wellz in a sense i m trying to refrain from overspoiling.. at least gals muz haf a certain minimal lvl of indpdence too mah..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home